COVID-19 Client Update
Thank you all for your co-operation & patience in following our new guidelines in these unsettling and difficult times. We are all a part of the same community where we are still trying to flatten that curve so that the human hospital system can have the capacity to respond when the peak infection rate arrives in a few months.
We all know someone who may be at higher risk of COVID-19 (over 60 years old, or with a concurrent medical problem) and it is up to everyone of us to take steps to protect these people.
NEWS - We are officially deemed an "essential service" by the Australian government, so rest assured that we will be open right through this period to take care of your pets.
OUR GOALS (unchanged):
1) Limit chance of infection in staff and clients
2) Continue to provide care for your pets at the same exceptional standards, within the constraints of government regulations.
CURRENT PROTOCOLS (unchanged):
1) Screening Clients (we will check a few things with you over the phone when you make an appointment - if you are unwell or quarantining, over 60 years old, and we will ask that only one person show up with each pet appointment).
2) Waiting Room - we are limiting the number of people in our waiting room, and offering outside waiting or in-car waiting where appropriate.
3) Consultation room - where at all possible, we would prefer you not to hold your pet while we examine them (in an attempt to reduce "close contact" between clients and vets). We will ask clients to keep the 1.5mtr distance within the room, vets will also be taking pets out to the treatment room if necessary.
4) Medication / Food Orders - No change here other than you stay in your car when you come down to pick up your order (we will arrange payment over the phone & bring the goods out to you).
If you are unwell, in quarantine / isolation, or in a high risk group,
we will discuss with you over the phone what the options are for how we
can still meet your pets' needs.
** Current research continues to confirm that your pets are still not at risk of getting sick from COVID-19, nor can they spread it. Thousands of dogs and cats have been tested in multiple countries.
PET AMBULANCE & HOUSE CALLS
We are now offering house calls where we can treat your precious fur babies in the comfort of your own home. Or if you prefer treatment to be done in our hospital where we have all of our highly specialised equipment avaliable, we can offer a pick up and drop off service in our new Pet Ambulance.
"TOGETHER, MAKING A DIFFERENCE TO YOU AND YOUR PET'S LIVES"
Our Veterinary Hospital provides modern, professional and affordable health care for your pets. We aim to make your pet feel at ease in our clinic with a caring and gentle approach to treatment and consultations. Our dedicated and experienced vets and vet nurses are passionate about pets and are avid animal lovers.
Our Hospital has been supporting the local Sunbury community and its pets since 1978. Our unsurpassed reputation for excellence in veterinary care is not just reflected in our state of the art, purpose-built hospital, but also in the care and passion shown by our staff.