During opening hours we can cater to most emergency situations, even if it is just the initial stablisation which may require later referral to a specialist hospital. Common emergencies relate to car accidents, heart conditions, snake and tick bites, poisoning and a range of injuries. Please phone us if possible to let us know you are coming so we can be as prepared as possible for your arrival.
After hours we are fortunate to have access to a number of trusted local general practice veterinary clinics in Toowoomba which provide after-hours emergency care up to 10pm at night. After 10pm most will then refer any after-hours calls to our nearest 24 hour specialist veterinary hospital at UQ Vets Small Animal Hospital in Gatton.
- Toowoomba Family Vets - (07) 4602 0321
- 2 Margaret St, East Toowoomba QLD 4350
- Toowoomba Vet Hospital - (07) 4632 8333
- 191 Hume St, Toowoomba City QLD 4350
- Garden City Vets - (07) 4633 1733
- 348 Bridge St, Wilsonton QLD 4350
- Herriot House Veterinary Surgery - (07) 4639 1733
- Cnr 143 West & Herries Sts, Toowoomba City QLD 4350
- UQ Vets Small Animal Hospital Gatton - 07 5460 1788
- Building 8156, The University of Queensland, Main Dr & Outer Ring Road, Gatton QLD 4343
- UQ small animal clinic is a 24hour clinic so you can always phone for advice if you are not sure if your pet needs to be seen sooner rather than later.
Upon arrival, your pet will be assessed by the veterinarian. They will aim to provide an estimate of the costs involved with your case, however, please be aware that with emergency procedures costs can vary depending on what services and treatments are required and how your pet responds to treatment or if further problems arise. The veterinarian will keep you updated regularly during the course of your pet's stay in hospital. In some cases we may need to refer to a veterinary specialist centre or 24-hour emergency facility.
Please contact us to discuss our after-hours arrangement, it’s always nice to know this information before you actually need it.