Grooming is an important part of pet care. Depending on the breed, age,and health of your pet, grooming may even need to be a part of you and your pet’s daily routine. Many breeds require less grooming than this, but regular grooming always helps to keep your pet healthy and comfortable.
Some breeds don't shed their hair effectively (eg. Poodles) and require grooming by a professional every 6-8 weeks.
Long haired cats can particularly benefit from regular grooming as it helps prevent the formation of knots on the skin and hairballs in the stomach.
Our Professional Grooming Services
We offer a full range of grooming, clipping and washing services for dogs of all sizes and breeds.
Our current groomer is Angela.
Angela with Darla (Copyright 2015)
Our current grooming times are as follows.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday - Drop off options of 8.00am, 8.20am 10.00am, 12.00pm and 2.00pm
Please check when booking in.
Angela will have a chat to you regarding all your grooming needs.
Ring the Duncraig Veterinary Hospital to make an appointment today.
Grooming at Home
We encourage you to also engage in regular grooming with your pet at home. There are numerous benefits of regular grooming, for example:
- Decreased chance of skin problems
- Optimal skin cleanliness and comfort for you and your pet
- Improved monitoring of health issues like cuts, heat, swelling, lameness, or changes in temperament.
- Enhanced behavioural routines with obedient submission during grooming periods
- Closer bonding with your pet through regular contact
Last upated 23.6.2016